This program is designed for those who are actively engaged in the practice of youth ministry or feel called to deepen their own understanding of the practice of youth ministry. The program will equip participants with a foundational learning, rooted in the practical application to their specific ministry context.
This program is designed to provide an overview of core biblical, theological, Episcopal, and practical knowledge that will be applied directly to the practice of ministry with youth and their families. Each participant will complete a Ministry Statement and a Ministry Plan for their specific setting, as a way of integrating their learning and the practice of ministry. The formation of a community of learners, who will practice and model Youth and Family Ministry, not just for the duration of the program, but beyond it into and throughout their professional lives, is central to the program.
Requirements for admission to the program:
- The completed online application with your $50 application fee. (Once accepted the $50 fee will be applied to your total cost of $1600)
- Two letters of reference from a Christian Formation colleague, supervisor in ministry setting, teacher or mentor email to email@example.com
- Personal statement describing learning goals as well as the reasons such a program would benefit you and the church emailed to Randall Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Final Deadline is July 1st for Applications (space is limited to 20).
- Practicing in a parish or youth program in a paid or volunteer capacity.
- Commitment to attend the week long intensive as well as significant online work before and after the week long intensive.
Requirements of the program:
- Program runs July 1st, 2016 through December 31st 2016
- Residential Program: October 2nd-8th, 2016 at the Bosque Center in Albuquerque, NM.
- Complete online courses before and after the residential program (2-4 hours/week)
- Monthly web conference with cohort and mentors
- Completion of Ministry Statement and Ministry Plan for their primary ministry context.
- Independent study, use of online course management software, possible in-person course/s, online participation in learning community
- Successful accomplishment of integrating a proficient knowledge of Bible, Church History, Theology, Practical Theology, and Practical knowledge of Youth Ministry.
Cost: The total cost of $1600 includes:
- Full lodging and food at the Bosque Center in Albuquerque, NM.
- $100 discount to the 2017 Forma Conference which will be held in California
- A one year membership to Forma
- Many students have been funded by their parish, diocese or Province.
- Forma has partial grants available. (email email@example.com for info)
- Also UTO, ECW and local diocesan groups have been very helpful to many students.
75% of the full payment must be received before attending the in-person event in October.